MESSAGE FROM PRINCIPAL
In today’s world, one of the challenges that a parent faces is to mould their child to the changing requirements of the environment. Part of the same challenge is also to find a good school. At SRV, it is our aim to establish a study culture that fosters, diligence, sincerity and accountability which helps our students to develop a passion for learning that will serve them throughout and beyond school years we endeavor to promote the pursuit of excellence and achievement for every student to enable him/her to optimize his/her potential. A close relationship and partnership with parents is vital to the process of education. We very much look forward to working in partnership with you and your children during the span of their years in school
Sri Rama Vidyalaya has always stood for and promoted the principle of a high academic level of excellence which has supported us in leaving an indelible mark on the society., of which we are an integral part. The high academic levels, coupled with the extra and co-curricular activities create an impressive individual who can face the formidable challenges of the outside world with panache.
The curriculum of the State Board of Secondary Education is prepared in accordance with the N.C.F.-2005, K.C.F-2007 guidelines. It emphasizes not only on sound education but also on ethical values.
FEATURES OF ACADEMICS
- Connecting knowledge to life activities
- Learning to shift from rote methods
- Enriching the curriculum beyond textbooks
- Learning experiences for the construction of knowledge
- Making examinations flexible and integrating them with classroom experiences
- Caring concerns within the democratic policy of the country
- Making education relevant to the present and future needs
- Softening the subject boundaries-integrated knowledge and the joy of learning
- The child is the constructor of knowledge
- Constructive approach, spiral approach and integrated approach.
The school curriculum takes care of all the developmental aspects of the child-cognitive, affective, and psychomotor areas like language, Mathematics, Science and Social science form the scholastic part of school curriculum while activities like games, sports, art, craft, music ,dance,mehendi and tattoo are the part of co-scholastic part of the curriculum.
|CLASSES I TO IV
||Kannada, English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Computer Science art & craft, music and physical Education, yoga, GK/Moral Science
|CLASSES V TO VII
||Kannada, English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Computer Science, art & craft, music and physical Education, yoga, GK/Moral Science.
|CLASSES VIII TO X
||Kannada, English, Hindi, Mathematics (Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry etc.) Science (physics, chemistry, biology), Social Studies (history, civics, geography, economics, Business studies), Computer Science, art & craft, music and physical Education and yoga.
Beyond pursuit of academics, we also focus on all round development of the students. An array of co-curricular activities are organized for the students from classes I to X. This helps them develop their competitive spirit and camaraderie. are patriotic song, poster making, mask making, collage, debate and storytelling, essay writing, quiz, rangoli, pot painting, drawing, colouring, kite making etc .area few to be mentioned .
The activity oriented curriculum focusing on group discussions, projects and practical exercises caters to the innovative and creative potentials of the students.
Periodical tests and examinations are conducted as per the norms of the State Secondary School Examination Board. Four formative assessments and two summative assessments are conducted periodically.
Area of Subjects
Our school prepares the students for the Karnataka S.S.L.C Examination based on the State syllabus/curriculum.
- I Language – Kannada
- II Language – English
- III Language – Hindi
- Core Subjects – Mathematics, Science and Social Science.
- The medium of Instruction is English
- There will be four formative assessments and two summative assessments respectively.
- A student has to score minimum specified marks in each Formative and Summative assessments to get promoted to the next class.
- Unjustified absence for any one of the tests or examinations will affect the promotion of the pupil at the end of the year.
- The assessment of effective learning of the students is done through evaluation. Evaluation done periodically enables the students to perform better.
- Periodical tests and examinations are conducted as per the norms of the State Secondary School Examination Board.
- Attendance of all unit tests and terminal examinations are compulsory.
- When a pupil is compelled by circumstances to be absent for any of the examinations or tests (even if it be only one subject) he/she must obtain leave of absence from principal in advance .
- In certain cases if the required aggregate is not obtained due to absence during anyone of the tests, promotion will be considered on consultation with the class teacher/Subject teacher.
- Results of the annual examination will be announced on the last working day of the school and the same will be put up in the school notice board . The parents are strictly instructed not to meet the principal for reconsideration of the results
- Tests and examinations are given well in advance as per the department rules.
- A student must score minimum marks of 35 percent in each subject to be promoted to the next class.
- Six grade systems are followed viz., A+, A, B+, B, C+, C to promote a student to the next class. (90 – 100 A+),(80-89 A ), (70-79 B+), (60-69 B ), (50-59 C+), (30-49 C ).
- The prescribed application form can be obtained from the school’s office.
- After registration process, written tests will be conducted
- Students will be counseled by the Principal.
- Relevant documents are to be submitted.
- Confirmation of admission
- Payment of fees
- Admission and declaration form should be duly filled in and signed
- Copy of Birth certificate, transfer certificate (duly countersigned by the B.E.O.), Caste Certificate (if applicable), application for transport facility (if required) along with three passport size photographs has to be submitted for class I to X.
- Admission will be granted against qualifying the entrance test and the availability of seats.
- Checklists for books and uniforms will be given and a specified date will be mentioned to collect the same on submission of payment receipts.
Rules and Regulations:
- Fee of any kind once paid , shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Those who wish to apply the T.C should apply only during the stipulated time schedule announced by the school authorities , failing which the child has to pay the prescribed fee, fixed from time to time , by the management .
- Late payment of any kind of fee will attract penalty.
- If the child /ward is withdrawn from the school during the academic year the prescribed tuition fee for that succeeding period should be paid. In case of late admission the fee will be collected from the beginning of the academic year
- Parents can meet the principal only with prior appointments. Only special cases are considered without appointment.
- Parent have to interact with teacher only with prior permission of the Principal.
- Tuition fee may be collected for 12months and payable monthly.
- Those who avail the school transport facilities have to pay the transportation fee for 12 months
- Special fee may be collected for the activities/events organized specially whenever it is essential.
- Proper dress code, Discipline, is Punctuality, Neatness is important , failing which appropriate disciplinary action will be taken .
- The child will not be allowed to attend classes without proper dress code .
- Books and Uniform are generally supplied by the school only , at specially arranged counters.
- Fee collection timings – 9.15 am to 12.30 pm on all working days.
- Participation in parent Teacher meeting is compulsory.
- In all matters the decision of the management is final and binding.
- Management reserves the right of admission.
- All disputes are Subjected to Bangalore Jurisdiction only.
- Some of the co-curricular activities conducted are singing competition, poster making, mask making, collage, debate and storytelling, essay writing, quiz, rangoli, pot painting, drawing, colouring, kite making etc.
- Celebrations of national and State festivals in the school premises
- In order to increase the competencies and promote healthy competition , the students from Standard I to X are divided into four houses namely, UJWAL, VIDYA, NIRMAL & PRAGATI with Yellow, Blue, Green and Red colour uniform respectively.
- Generally Annual Sports Meet and annual cultural Meet is conducted every year on a particular day.Generally Annual Sports Meet and annual cultural Meet is conducted every year on a particular day.
- Educational tours and field trips are organized from time to time as part of the curriculum to enrich the knowledge blended with joy.
- To enrich the knowledge blended with joy, educational tours and field trips are organized from time to time as part of the curriculum.
- The Bala Janagraha committee member visits the schoolweekly once and train the students in curbing the old superstitions and educate the students to build a healthy society by adopting an area for study with effective results .students take up project work connected with civic concern.
- Yoga classes are being conducted regularly, the general body mind coordination is taken care of these yogasanas.
- Light Channeling classes is done to improve the memory concentration power of the students which in turn creates a positive approach for the students .
- Everyday Assembly Program will be conducted by the Students
- The Four Houses Students enthusiastically and creatively participate in the preparation of House Boards every month with various interesting topics and in the decoration of the Charts.
- All Students effectively participate in all the School Sports and Cultural activities.
- All Students are given the freedom of expressing their views in the suggestion box provided in the school.
Students participate in Inter School Sports at Zonal, Taluk, State levels and has won many Awards & Trophies.
Pratibha Kaaranji Event being Conducted by Karnataka State Secondary School Education. In this event many SRV
students participated and won Awards.
Staff Details :
SRV has the well qualified, efficient and dedicated Teaching Faculty.Even the non-teaching staff like admin
staff, art and craft personnel and sub staff are very well trained.
NEWS AND UPDATES
News will be updated accordingly
School Timings :
The working Hours of the School is 8.50 am to 3.05 pm on all days, Second Saturday is holiday.
School Uniform :
For I to V :
- Girls: Blue Skirt, Pink Striped Shirt with Black ribbon
- Boys : Blue shorts, Pink Striped Shirt
Red Tie, Blue and Red Striped Belt, Blue and Red striped socks with Black Shoes and Grey Sweater.
- On Wednesday : House colour track pant and T-shirt with Red Striped Socks and black shoes for both boys and girls.
For VI to X Standard :
- Girls: Blue Skirt, Pink Striped Shirt with Black ribbon
- Boys: Blue Pant, Pink Striped Shirt
Red Tie, Blue and Red Striped Belt, Blue and Red striped socks with Black Shoes and Grey Blazer
- On Wednesday : House colour Track pant and T-shirt with Red Striped Socks and black shoes for both boys and girls.
The school Campus
The school campus is located near Jakkur, North Bangalore. Targeting perfect educational environment, a state of art building completely networked with class rooms, labs, audio visual lab, music and dance room along with all other amenities needed to provide a good learning experience are made available. All areas in-corporate open spaces that allow children to move around and select how they want.
Resource Centre- Library
The resource centre, comprising the library and the teacher’s resource centre, has become a unique repository of books, CD’s audio as well as video titles covering a gamut of subjects and topics which will contribute greatly to fulfilling the gaps and making the experience of learning much more wholesome and enjoyable.
Highly spacious, well ventilated and well equipped the ultra-modern physics, chemistry, biology and computer labs are already in place. These labs are facilitated with a multimedia system along with software on varied topics related to science.
Well-furnished computer labs add to the already appreciable infrastructure of the school.
Sports and Activities
Sports and games in the curriculum has also been an important objectives for a healthy and all-round development of the children.
- Dance and music activities include folk and classical dances, vocal and instrumental music.
- Keeping track of demands, new activities are also added from time to time.
- These activities are aimed at drawing out not only the talent but the hidden desires of the child and the subsequent happiness reflects in better academic performance.
To bring out the creativity in students, that school emphasizes the art and craft learning, which boost the confidence of the child when they create and innovate things on their own. This act helps in the personality development of the child.
Edu-comp. Smart Board Classes
To enrich the knowledge, our school has well furnished smart boards which enhances the learning process .
The school provides its own transport facilities to commute the students. Those who wish to avail this facility must submit the requisition in the prescribed format given separately at the time of admission.